The Best Reader + TIME

Bloggiesta 2 Wrap Up Post!

Well, this Bloggiesta was an odd one. For the amount of time I was able to put in I thought I got a lot done. But, unfortunately, I was surprised Saturday morning when my internet wouldn't connect. I lounged around ALL day waiting for it to connect (network maintenance at school) and finally, oh at about 10pm, it connects. Well, Boy was about to arrive from Colorado at 10:30 so, needless to say, I was obliged to spend time with him. Then Sunday (after waking up at noon), I had RA training from 2-8pm and then went to karaoke with said Boy.

I wasn't able to devote as much time to Bloggiesta as I wanted. I really would have preferred to spend all day Saturday working on blog related things, but I guess life happens. I'm really sorry, though, that I missed out on two days of Bloggiesta Twittering/fun. For the time I was Bloggiesta-ing, I think I got a lot of difficult projects done, most notably, I changed the colors of Miss Remmers' Review.

This is what else I was able to accomplish:

  • Wrote a Thank You to CSN Stores for the AWESOME desk organizer!
  • Wrote my review of said awesome desk organizer!
  • Scheduled a Book Shelf post! Stay tuned!
  • Mailed thank you notes
  • Post about new email address
  • Updated new Blogger Profile
  • Mailed books to contest winners
  • Forwarded Gift Certificate to Campaign Winner
  • Added a copyright footer to my posts — big thanks to @heidenkind (Heidenkind's Hideaway) for the help!
  • Expanded how the blog looks in feed reader
  • Moved my signature in Gmail to the beginning of the quoted reply
  • Cleaned up the sidebar
  • Emptied Old Reader
  • Temporarily finished checking/answering emails in all three email accounts
  • Emailed agents/publicists about new email address
  • Added an avatar to Twitter
  • Went through posts and got rid of anything not worth keeping
  • Set up an Author Interview
I obviously didn't get done ALL that I had set out to do, but I added some important things and I now have a better list of things I need to work on.
  • Make a Blogaversary button and link it up in the sidebar
  • Decide what challenges I'm going to do this year (I know! I'm so behind)
  • Finish posting all the Guest Reviews sent in from my campaign for reviews
  • Read through posts to make sure that they are ready to be looked at by perspective employers (every single post) — Make them professional
  • Look at Reviews for spelling/grammar
  • Organize Reader (even though I have NO idea how)
  • Review "New Moon"
  • Review "A Christmas Carol"
  • Order bookmarks
  • Order business cards
  • Add customized header
  • Empty Old Reader — Starred Items
  • Transfer contacts from old to new email address
  • Add tags/labels to posts
  • Create a Cheat Sheet
  • Get rid of "dead" links
  • Write my Disclosure Statement
  • Update "Series" (Suggestions on good series?)
  • Manage Bookmarks (Hot mess! Woa!)
I can't wait for the next Bloggiesta and I hope to continue to work on these housekeeping blog items throughout the next few weeks/months. Thanks to Natasha @Maw Books for putting this on! I feel as though I met SO many great amazing new bloggers. While few, the thing I did accomplish I feel were extremely necessary and I'm quite proud of myself.

Until next time, Bloggiesta!

bloggiesta, book, hope, interview, LIFE, review, and more:

Bloggiesta 2 Wrap Up Post! + TIME