The Best Reader + trend

Author Interview — Dawn Del Russo

Today I'd like to welcome the author of "101 Glam Girl Ways to an Ultra Chic Lifestyle," Dawn Del Russo.
Dawn, tell us about you. I am a fashion stylist and owner of www.belladawn.com. I have loved fashion, trends and styling since I was little. My dream came true when I opened my boutique 5 and half years ago.
Tell us about "101 Glam Girl Ways to an Ultra Chic Lifestyle" I was absolutely so excited to put this book together. I love helping women look fabulous and feel good about themselves. This book is a simple little guide that gives everyone young an old the ability to add a touch of "glam" to their life.
What was your favorite part of writing "101 Glam Girl Ways... "? I was so excited as I saw my ideas come to life through the super cute drawings, literally I saw my imagination come to life!
Explain the writing/publishing process. The process of writing a book for the first time is definitely a learning experience, but now I can't wait to write a second. It takes time and for me evolved very organically. I started with get getting my thoughts down on paper. After I had the writing complete I was able to focus on finding a illustrator and making my visions reality. Working with Book Surge, the publisher, was a relatively simple process, they lead me through copyrighting it and design and layout.
How did you get here? How long did the whole process take? The process was about 2 year. Since I knew what I wanted to write about, and a lot of the tips I was already using on a daily basis it developed pretty quickly. The illustrations were all drawn by hand, that was much more tedious, but well worth it for the final product.

Who would like this book? The response I have received have been amazing all ages love the book. It is very relatable and many people can find a tip or two they do already. Young girls love the illustrations and simple text, while sophisticated women love the glam tips like "get a mani/pedi." Do you follow all 101 ways to being chic? I absolutely try to follow all the tips, I have definitely done them all. Sometimes making time can be difficult but so important, and I love feeling glamorous of course. If not, which ones do you feel you need to work on most? I need to get more massages... hehe, that is one I never seem to stay on top of.
Which tips are your favorite? Do you do them regularly? My two favorite's are tips #1 and #101, Wear Diamond Studs and Believe in your self. I follow them both religiously. (My favorite is also #1! I wear fake diamond studs everyday! I was so excited to see this when I first opened the book!)

Where did the idea come from for this book? The book pretty much evolved from the tips I was always giving out to my clients. I decided to post a few on my blog, and from there it eventually turned into this book.
Do you have any advice for young women who want to be chic? Yes, start with feeling confident in yourself, get your clothing tailored to fit your shape, always wear lip gloss, and love everyday.

You talk about lip gloss a lot, can you suggest a kind for someone (like me) who is clueless to all things lip gloss. There are a few great lip glossses in a variety of price ranges, E.L.F. is $1 but great gloss, Kohls sells a brand called Flirt which I love and Mac Dazzle Glass super glam. Links: Hypershine, Flirt Cosmetics, Bloomingdales
Where can we find you online? I am every where, I give daily tips on my blog www.myintimateaffairwithfashion.com, twitter.com/dawndelrusso,www. facebook.com/dawndelrusso, my shopping site www.belladawn.com, and for more about me www.dawndelrusso.com
Any last parting words? "Dream your dream, live your life, and look glamorous doing it!" Thanks for stopping by Dawn and taking time to answer some of these questions. My review of "101 Glam Girl Ways to an Ultra Chic Lifestyle" will be posted tomorrow!

author interview, book, hype, interview, LIFE, review, TIME, and more:

Author Interview — Dawn Del Russo + trend