The Best Reader + William Morrow

Review: TAKING CHANCES by Molly McAdams

Taking Chances by Molly McAdams
Published: William Morrow (October 16th, 2013)
Reading Level: New Adult
Paperback: 432 pages
Series: Taking Chances, #1
Rating: 5 of 5 stars
Summary:
Her first year away is turning out to be nearly perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything.

Eighteen-year-old Harper has grown up under the thumb of her career marine father. Ready to live life her own way and to experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit, she's on her way to college at San Diego State University.

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family, and emotions. She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with both her new boyfriend, Brandon, and her roommate's brother, Chase. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both men adore Harper and would do anything for her, including taking a step back if it would mean she'd be happy.

Review:


*cries hysterically*… I can't even tell you how emotional this book is. By now, you all probably know what happens (I won't say it here, just in case) but OMG, it has to be one of the most heartbreaking stories EVER!

I'll start from the beginning. First we meet Harper. Harper has been pretty sheltered and her homelife was kind of strict because her dad is a marine. She often hung out with the young guys so she is looking forward to having some female friends and being a little wild in college. Her roommate introduces her to a life of parties and hot guys. Immediately she meets Chase. I love characters like Chase. He's the hot guy who is a bit of a bad boy but his personality is just so lovable! He was snarky and loved to push Harper's buttons. Their chemistry was great together.

But, alas, all isn't happy with the would-be couple. Harper actually starts going out with a nice guy named Brandon. I adored Brandon. He was so nice. Maybe a big too nice because sometimes it was frustrating.

Even though Harper is happy with Brandon she can't get Chase out of her mind. That begins this back and forth between the 3. This book isn't perfect. There are some flaws in the characters that drove me insane. However, this book is 5 stars for me because it gave me what a good book should… emotions!! Even when I was yelling at the book I just couldn't stop reading.

I won't go into detail of what happened but I will say that I'm not sure I have EVER cried as much reading a book as I did with this one. I couldn't believe what happened!! I read this book a long time ago, before everyone knew the outcome, so it was a huge surprise to me.

Nothing in this story was really predictable, IMO. It takes so many turns, even now, I can't believe so much happened in one story. I'm a huge fan of Molly's and I can't wait to see what she comes out with next. But, I will say that even though I know Chase has his own book (Stealing Harper) I cannot read it. Nope. No way!: )

Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook

Amazon | Barnes & Noble

5 stars, book, LIFE, Molly McAdams, review, Taking Chances, Taking Chances series, TIME, and more:

Review: TAKING CHANCES by Molly McAdams + William Morrow