The Best Reader + Walker

Tour Review: Fracture by Megan Miranda

Fracture by Megan Miranda
Publisher: Walker Children's Books (January 17th, 2012)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 262 pages
Source: ARC from Publisher
Rating: 5 of 5 stars
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine

—despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?
Review: Fracture was an incredible read and I was completely engrossed in the mystery behind Delaney's injury. When we first meet Delaney she is going out with her best friend Decker and some other friends to the lake. Everything seems normal but then Delaney falls and the ice cracks. We get a detailed image of what she goes through during her time under the ice. My heart was pounding just reading about it!

When Delaney wakes up in the hospital she knows she was not supposed to survive. She's not supposed to ever be the same as she was before, but somehow she is.for the most part. Instantly, she has Decker by her side. He is devastated. This was the point where I immediately knew I'd love his character. He was so open with his feelings about the accident and it was easy to see how deep his connection with Delaney was.

After Delaney gets out of the hospital she runs into Troy. This is where the mystery heats up. I gotta say, I had no earthly idea what was going to happen. I soon figured out what was drawing Delaney to certain individuals; however, I didn't know why or what the heck Troy had to do with it all. Was he a demon, a guardian angel, just a dude? Who knows! That really kept me puzzled. I couldn't put the book down because my mind was whirling trying to figure out how everything was connected.

Delaney was a sweet girl. She seemed to have a kind heart and a need to help others. Decker was so realistic and sincere. He would do anything for Delaney and his devotion was something I never questioned. Troy was just a mass of confusion for me. I couldn't figure him out. If he did something good I would think"Oh, he's going to turn on her". If he did something bad I would think"But maybe it was for a good reason". But this is why I loved this book! So mysterious!

The way Megan Miranda delivered this story really sucked me in. I couldn't stop flipping the pages to see what would happen next. It was delightful and mystifying. Brilliantly done!
Recommended: This book is perfect for paranormal and contemporary book lovers. If you want a good mystery, this is a great pick!

Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository

5 stars, book, Fracture, Megan Miranda, review, TIME, tour, and more:

Tour Review: Fracture by Megan Miranda + Walker