The Best Reader + TIME

Announcing BBRAW 2012!

I've been hinting about "The Big Announcement" for a while now and it's time to finally unveil! I am now introducing Book Blogger Reader Appreciation Week (BBRAW) 2012! Spun from the idea of BBAW (hosted by My Friend Amy) , BBRAW is all about your readers. I find myself in constant awe of the brave few who stop by my blog on a regular basis and comment (or even who don't comment) and want to say a big huge THANKS! Anyone is welcome and encouraged to join in with me, but know that this is not a blog hop/giveaway extravaganza*.

On Monday (2.13) I encourage you to nominate the name of your MVR (Most Valuable Reader — the reader who you feel positively influences you as a blog writer). On Friday I'll announce the three readers whose names have been submitted the most. The first 15 names to be submitted as MVR will receive a small swag package in thanks for beings such awesome readers. The top 3 names will receive a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble^. I know that BBAW uses categorizes, but because I'm not sure how many people will participate I just want to keep it simple.

Like with BBAW, each day there will be a prompt to discuss on our blogs if you choose to participate. I will post the prompts the week before BBRAW so if you'd like to plan and schedule your post you may. BBRAW will be pretty "lax" as it's meant to celebrate the reasons we all blog — our readers. I remember that first month of blogging when I think I had three readers (and one was my mom), I was so appreciative and thankful. Every time I received an email saying "Comment" I was completely in awe. I know we always say that you should blog for you (and I agree), but blogging for you when you know others are reading what you're writing is (in my opinion) so much better and worthwhile.

I know I'm a bit scatter-brained but as BBRAW nears things will all come together. I'm so excited to finally share this idea with you all as I've been planning and brainstorming for about two months.

If you'd like to do a reader interview, I very much encourage it. We won't be doing an organized interview swap due to the fact that you'll probably want to be interviewing one of your own readers, rather than someone random (theoretically). Stay tuned throughout the next month for more information and more excitement! I have big hopes for BBRAW and am so excited to finally have shared the news. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please don't hesitate and send me an email or leave a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts because, really, I'm sort of making this up as I go !

*If you'd like to host a giveaway of your own to thank your readers, please feel welcome to. But don't misconstrue BBRAW as a way to "win followers"; it's purpose to show thanks of the readers who have influenced you and supported you for years, months, or even weeks.

^Unfortunately because I am funding this myself, anyone receiving a prize needs to be in the US. In the event that an international reader would be elected they will still of course be announced. Sorry for any inconvenience and, yes, I know this sucks.

Huge thanks to KD Designs (Katie from Sophitikatied Reviews) for the awesome button!

BBRAW, book, giveaway, hope, interview, review, and more:

Announcing BBRAW 2012! + TIME