The Best Reader + TIME

BBRAW 2012: An Introduction and Thanks

I can't believe BBRAW is finally here! Welcome and thanks for participating! Today's prompt is, in my opinion, the most important of all: a very basic communication of thanks.

Introduce yourself for new readers that will be stopping by. Take today to explain what BBRAW means to you. This is the ideal time to thank your readers for their comments, support, and post a giveaway if you plan on having one. Remember, as BBRAW is supposed to celebrate readers, requiring a "follow" for the giveaway would be in relatively poor taste.
I wrote my first post on June 18th, 2009 and received my first comment (the first hint that anyone was actually reading what I had written) on June 27th, 2009. While in actuality that's not a whole lot of time, it was the longest week ever! Creating a blog is scary and while many people can say readers aren't that important because they write for themselves, this just isn't true for me. I enjoy writing but if no one was reading what I was writing — what's the point?

I remember getting those first couple of email notifications saying I have a new comment and thinking "Oh my goodness!" and, I'll tell you what, two and a half years later I'm still excited for those emails. I still get super excited when a friend or stranger "retweets" a link to my blog or any other tweet I've written; I can never deny how great it feels to actually have things written.

I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped this blog grow in the past few years; whether you've written a comment, been a "silent reader," offered any type of technological help or general advice — you have made an impact on my blog and therefore my life. This blog, while relatively small, is what it is because you have supported me. I read for me but I write for you.
You may think that stopping by and commenting on my little piece of www is insignificant, especially if it's just a "Hey! Great review!," but to me it's proof that what I do matters, that what I write is read, and that what I think is more than generic renditions. Thank you for supporting me, sticking with me, and making my day each and everyday. BBRAW, to me, is about returning the favor and supporting you in return! Here's to a week of reader love!

If you write a post for today please link it in the comments below! I can't wait to stop by!

BBRAW, book, giveaway, LIFE, review, and more:

BBRAW 2012: An Introduction and Thanks + TIME