The Best Reader + weekend

Read-A-Thon: April 2010

At the very last minute, I've decided to partake in the Read-a-thon tomorrow! Student teaching has consumed a lot of my life recently and I want to take this opportunity to reconnect with the blogosphere!

I won't be able to devote an entire 24 hours to the challenge as I'm on duty this weekend and have a 2am round and a massive migraine. So my plan is to begin reading at 10am until noon. T has his first home baseball game that I'm really excited about. I plan on resuming reading at 4pm and continue on until 7pm. I then am on duty until 2am so my reading will depend on what my residents want to do. My goal is to read at least 10 hours tomorrow. I know this seems little compared to others who will be reading 24, but this is really all I can devote. I've been ill all week and I need my energy for next week as I have FOUR interviews — so I need to use this weekend to catch up on sleep.

I NEED to finish "All Quiet on the Western Front." I also plan on reading "The Princess and the Frog," "Food Rules," and "Hex Hall." From there... I'm winging it.

As for fuel, I've stocked up on carrots, spinach, pineapple (first time I'll be chopping up one myself!), bananas, and strawberries! What better combination to go with Pollan's "Food Rules"?

Check back early tomorrow as I'm hosting a kick off challenge! Good luck everybody and Happy Reading!

book, food, happy, interview, LIFE, read-a-thon, TIME, and more:

Read-A-Thon: April 2010 + weekend