The Best Reader + TIME

BEA 2011: Day One Recap and Plan for Day Two

Day One Recap:

Well, we didn't make it to the Simon and Schuster Fall Preview. I mean we made it literally, but we were about an hour late due to a delayed flight and once we arrived we were sent all over the building and no one really seemed to know what was going on. We went from the 14th floor to the 7th floor to the 4th floor to the 17th floor! Finally, we decided to cut our losses, find food, and head towards the Teen Author Carnival. That, of course, ended up in a three hour trek in Manhattan due to some poor directions and tired feet.

But eventually we DID make it to the TAC and had a great time! It was a bit different than 2010 as the place was even more packed and there really wasn't a lot of time, unless you waited for the lines to die down, to actually talk to the authors so I'm hoping to accomplish that more tomorrow.

After our TAC adventure Sheila and I returned to the hotel room, got some Subway, and relaxed the rest of the night. It was a long, tiring day but we survived with a bit of improvisation and will, indeed, live to see another day.

Friends I Made Today

  • Renee from The Book Girl Reviews
  • Jamie from The Broke and The Bookish
  • Robin from Scholastic
Friends I Missed Out On at TAC But Vow to Say Hello Tomorrow
  • The Book Smugglers
  • Julia from Rex Robot Reviews
  • Farrah from I Eat Words

Day Two:
The plan of Day 2 centers around (obviously) Book Expo America. Sheila and I plan to leave for the Javits around 6am to stand in line to get our badges (as we didn't have time on today). From there we will probably move to another line to enter the Exhibit Hall. After that, all bets are off and let the craziness begin. I'm hoping to go into the Expo a little more level headed this year and again, be a bit more selective.

I don't exactly have a "plan" for the Expo, but I do want to get my hands on "Witch Eyes," "The Demon Trapper's Daughter," "Haven," and "Enthralled" hopefully today. I also am on the look out for "The Power of Six" — if anyone sees it please let me know via Twitter! Tomorrow I do want to check out the Online Book Discovery discussion, the Inkspot Tweetup, and the Bookrageous Bash! Sometime tomorrow (if at all possible) I'd also like to sneak away to go to the HP Exhibit so if you're interested in that let me know!

And, yes, my feet already hurt.

bea 2011, book, food, hope, review, and more:

BEA 2011: Day One Recap and Plan for Day Two + TIME