The Best Reader + TIME

Sunday Salon 7.24.11

Just last week I talked about my "book slump" and how I felt completely unproductive and I asked for your advice. I received some great nuggets of wisdom and loads of support. This Sunday, I'm here to say "it worked." This week I finished TWO audios ("Entwined" and "All Together Dead") and a book ("The Iron Knight"). Even though I have loads of "need to read" review books and galley rights now, this week I just needed to read something I was really excited about. So I put all the pressure and "obligations" aside and basically devoured "The Iron Knight" in a span of 48 hours.

It was amazing and while I will be writing my review shortly I'm going to wait to post it until we're a bit closer to the release date. (I will just say this: Oh My Conflict!)

"Entwined," likewise, was a great audio as well. Now I'm reading "Wildfire" (another book I'm stoked about) and listening to "The Maze Runner." I'm excited to read again and I can feel my heightened heart rate for a great plot and pulsing veins of enthusiasm for characters (poor analogy) and it feels fantastic! This is what I've been missing! The "need" to read simply because I enjoy it!

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and let you all know that (crossing fingers) my book slump is over and I am SO glad to be excited about picking up books to read again.

Happy Sunday everyone!

What about you? What do you do to get out of reading slumps? Do you ever have them? When was the last time? How long did it last?

book, fantastic, happy, release, review, sunday salon, and more:

Sunday Salon 7.24.11 + TIME