The Best Reader + classroom

Books Off the Shelves

The purpose of buying all the books, going to BEA, and blogging in the first place was for my students. It's the end of the week and I am SO proud to say — it all worked and it was worth it. Many students have meandered around my bookshelves looking at the books. In the past four days I have "checked out" six books to students and I thought you'd be interested to hear what the first ten books were that came off my shelves and into students' hands.

  1. "Shiver" (Wednesday)
  2. "Hush, Hush" (Wednesday)
  3. "The Hunger Games" (Thursday)
  4. "The Island: Book One" (Thursday)
  5. "The Way of the Sword" (Thursday)
  6. "The Hunger Games" (Thursday)
  7. "The Lightning Thief" (Friday)
  8. "Son of the Mob: Hollywood Hustle" (Friday)
  9. "Sea" (Friday)
  10. "Son of the Mob" (Friday)
Seeing these beloved books in the hands of my students is an extraordinary feeling. Yes, there is a moment where I see the student cracking the spine and folding back pages where I gasp and think "WAIT!!!" but in the end, books can be re-purchased (even signed ones) whereas a love of reading cannot.

book, and more:

Books Off the Shelves + classroom