The Best Reader + review

In My Mailbox 8.5.09

I am "stealing" this from The Story Siren. If you want to find out more about it click here . Anyway, these are books I got this week at the bookstore, library, and in the mail, of course.

I didn't do this last week because, sadly, I didn't receive anything in the mail. I know — it was kind of a let down. But just as I was starting to feel sorry for myself, UPS Lady dropped off a package from Hachette and the Mail Man came buy with another book!

For Review:

Thanks to the publisher, I received a copy of "Benny and Shrimp". Thank you!

From Amazon.com...

"Why is it so impossible to get a relationship between two middle-aged misfits to work? The answer lies in the story of Shrimp, a young widowed librarian with a sharp intellect and a home so tidy that her jam jars are in alphabetical order; Benny, a gentle, overworked milk farmer who fears becoming the village’s Old Bachelor; and an unlikely love that should not be as complicated as it seems."

And thanks to Hachette Book Groups, via Book Blogs, I received two copies of "My Name is Will" by Jess Winfield. Thank you!

From Amazon.com...
"The first tale is of Willie Shakespeare Greenberg, a grad student trying to prove in his hastily conceived thesis that Shakespeare was a closeted Catholic. Short on cash, stoner Willie agrees to mule a superpsychedelic mushroom and a pound of weed to a couple of Renaissance Faire enthusiasts, all the while nursing his infatuation with Dashka Demitra, his sexy thesis adviser. Willie's journey is interspersed with accounts of the other Shakespeare as he, in the months leading up to his wedding, has run-ins with hallucinatory substances and comely women while delivering a secret package to a Catholic dissident. Willie's a lovable schlemiel whose clumsy strides toward attaining a genuine understanding of Shakespeare's work mirror in many ways the Bard's quest to become the great playwright we now study."
From the author, Nicole Barker, I've received a copy of "Dancing with Ana"

Won:

Sadly, I won nothing this week. But there's always next week! If you're looking to win something check out my giveaway of My Name is Will.

Also, I have a "Simple Contest" STILL open for a signed copy of A Vengeful Spirit. The first person to email with an address and a link to a favorite book wins! Check it out!

From the library:

  • "Breaking Dawn"
  • "Blue Bloods"
  • "Masquerade"
  • "Revelations"
  • "Eighth Grade Bites: The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod"
  • "Ninth Grade Slays: The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod"

I am very much excited to read these books.

Until next week — Happy Reading!

book, giveaway, happy, in my mailbox, love story, and more:

In My Mailbox 8.5.09 + review