The Best Reader + sunday salon

Sunday Salon 9.11.11

I have an announcement (obviously). While I just graduated from college in May of 2010 and will probably be paying off those loans for (what seems like) a decade, I've decided to begin pursuing my masters in Library Technology and Information this spring! I am so excited to return to the classroom as a student — although technically I'll be taking online classes through Valley City State University. I miss being the student and simply charged with attending class and doing homework. Teaching seems to take so much more out of me!

So that's the big news on the home front. On the reading front I started "Drink, Slay, Love" but after 190 pages I decided to put it down for the simple fact that I just hadn't connected to the characters or plot. I started to think, "If I put this book down, will I ever think of the characters or plot again?" And the answer was no, so I put it down and moved on to "The Juliet Spell." I'm really liking it and enjoying the plot, albeit a bit cliche. Early today I posted about the importance of the hook, and "Drink, Slay, Love" just didn't have that hook for me. Plus, when I did my book talk on it to students and I mentioned the whole unicorn and vampire bit, my students almost laughed me out of the classroom.

So anyway, that's my life in books and just in general.

Have a great Sunday night everybody!

book, LIFE, and more:

Sunday Salon 9.11.11 + sunday salon