The Best Reader + TIME

In My Mailbox 11.21.09

I am "stealing" this from The Story Siren. If you want to find out more about it click here . Anyway, these are books I got this week at the bookstore, library, and in the mail, of course.

So, this may, in fact, be the most books I've ever received in one week. I am gearing up to begin three final research papers. The first, for Linguistics, will be a study of the Northern Minnesota Dialect. The second, for my infamous Harry Potter class, is going to be either a character analysis of Draco Malfoy OR a comparison between HP and the story of Christ. The third, for my senior seminar on "Paradise Lost," will be a comparison between Milton's "Paradise Lost," Rowling's "Harry Potter," and Lewis' "The Chronicles of Narnia" and the depiction of Christ and Satan in fiction. So, I've been spending most of my time in the library and have... accumulated... quite a large stack of library books. I've attached pictures for your entertainment.

For Review:

"Da Cajn Critter" by Pamela D. Lyles

Won:

From the library:

  • "If Harry Potter Ran General Electric"
  • "Reading Harry Potter"
  • "Reading with the Heart: The Way Into Narnia"

  • "The Chronicles of Narnia: The patterning of a Fantastic World"
  • "The Chronicles of Narnia: Critical Interpretations"
  • "The Magician's Nephew"
  • "Harry Potter and Philosophy"
  • "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe"
  • "What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7"
  • "The Psychology of Harry Potter"
  • "The Hidden Key to Harry Potter"
  • "The End of Harry Potter?"
  • "Writing Minnesotan: A Critical Analysis of Dialect and Culture in Upper Midwest Regional Literature"
  • "Linguistic Atlas of Upper Midwest: Volume 1"
  • "Linguistic Atlas of Upper Midwest: Volume 2"
  • "Linguistic Atlas of Upper Midwest: Volume 3"

Purchased:

What did you find in your mailboxes this week?

Until next week — Happy Reading!

book, fantastic, happy, in my mailbox, review, and more:

In My Mailbox 11.21.09 + TIME