The Best Reader + weekend

Sunday Salon 11.6.11

This week I sort of lost my great pacing of last week, but to my credit it wasn't entirely my fault. I blame Amazon. I finished a great novel last Sunday ("The Pledge") and then figured I should wait until "Crossed"comes in the mail as I preordered it so that the book that I would have started didn't get neglected.

Did that make sense?

Well, I waited and waited and "Crossed" didn't come and I didn't start anything new. And then, on Thursday, my life changed. I received a copy of "Pandemonium!" So, needless to say, I'm pretty sure "Crossed" is in my mailbox but I have yet to go check. What I thought would happen, did happen! But with a different book and a different circumstance.

Since I don't have a lot of book news to talk about, I thought I'd sum up the rest of my life as it is currently being led. This week and last week my life has changed quite a bit (no, I'm not pregnant). First of all, I decided to coach hockey this year. It will be my first year coaching but I grew up playing the sport and feel like I'm ready to get back on the ice. I'm just coaching 10U girls, so nothing too competitive or over the top (so I need to keep reminding myself not to take it that far haha).

I'm also registering for my first grad classes that begin in January and, due to the cost of higher education and the class load, I'm beginning to freak out.

And then there is NaNoWriMo. I was so excited to participate this year. I got about ten kids to join a club at school and we all set our own word goals (mine was 30,000). I knew that I wouldn't have a lot of time to write during the week so I planned "write-a-thon" parties at the public library with my students during the weekend. So, confession time, yesterday was the first time I sat down to work on my WIP. I know, I'm a complete slacker. Then I got frustrated with my WIP because it wasn't going anywhere (probably due to my lack of preparation). So today, I'm meeting my students in an hour, I'm filing that WIP away and taking out an older one that I feel like I have a better idea of its direction. So we'll see how that goes. I'm loving reading everyone else's progress and reading the Twitter feeds of all the committed participants. I think my biggest struggle is the number one rule of NaNoWriMo, throw away your inner editor. It's extremely difficult. So my personal NaNoWriMo perspective is to use this time to write more and hopefully create a habit that will be possible the other eleven months of the year.

I feel like my life has changed due to added commitments so much in the last few weeks. I'm so excited to begin all of these new life endeavors.

Now, if only it would snow.:)

Happy Sunday everybody!

book, happy, hope, LIFE, novel, sunday salon, TIME, and more:

Sunday Salon 11.6.11 + weekend