The Best Reader + pinterest

Pinterest Project Creations for the Uncreative (1)

Last week I mentioned the Social Media Bandwagon, today I'd like to specifically talk about Pinterest. I'm relatively new to Pinterest but am already addicted. I like it a bit more than Etsy because I can make what I want myself. The problem is that I'm not very creative. I have, however, found a few projects that I've liked and subsequently tried. While I won't go into step by step detail (I'll a leave a link), I do want to give an honest opinion on how attempting these projects worked out for me. I hate when I see something that a creative person dubs as "simple" or "easy" and it's not.

The first project I tried was to take a curtain rod and hang the stockings using only two stocking holders. Here is the link to the Pinterest Page and here is the original photo:

This was a great first project for me because I had just found stockings for D and I (the dog already had a stocking) and was preparing to put nails in my walls to hang them. The way I see it, the fewer nails I have to make the better. Because I don't have a fireplace, I placed the stocking holders in the rectangle window in my dining room. I found the snow flake stocking holders at Hobby Lobby for $20 (for the pair) and I had the curtain rod in the garage as I brought them with me from my old apartment. It was a simple project that took me less than ten minutes (after buying the stocking holders) to put together and I think it looks great! I think this is a great idea as our family continues to grow.
Here's my picture. Other items in the window are my random gnome from high school, our wedding sand, and our wedding cake topper.

Overall verdict: I'm so glad I did this project! Now if only I could find Pippin a stocking with a P (Hobby Lobby was all out). I had the perfect place for it (although, now that I'm looking at it I can see it needs to be centered) and it was inexpensive!
What do you think? Would it be something you'd be interested in trying?

book, and more:

Pinterest Project Creations for the Uncreative (1) + pinterest