The Best Reader + sunday salon

Sunday Salon: Mission Hershey's Kiss
The Sunday Salon.com

Well it's my first Sunday Salon in... let's just say months. Not that I have anything particularly interesting to say... just felt like posting (and beware, this has nothing to do with books).

After reading this scrumptious post at Book Journey (not to mention, but I kind of miss Sheila — I called her a few days ago completely forgetting that she was out of the country), my mouth couldn't help but water at the sight of these Hershey Kiss Cookies.

I immediately went through the ingredient list and realized the only items I was missing were the mini-chocolate chip morsels and the Hersheys kisses. Within fifteen minutes I was out the door and at the grocery story getting the rest of the supplies. Now, my cookies did definitely not look these in the photo. First of all, two of the three batches burned... but that's mostly due to our stove.

Being the cook I am, it took me a while to realize that I had to get my hands dirty in order to make the dough... doughy. Once I figured that out, it was pretty much easy going. The first two batches I didn't cover the bottom of the cookies/Hershey's Kiss with dough and so it sort of burnt.

But I learned my lesson (finally), and the final batch worked out so much better: golden brown and and completely edible.

I did accidentally get "normal" size chocolate chip morsels instead of the mini (whoops) so they are a bit strong — about a bite is enough chocolate for me.:)

It definitely made a great Sunday afternoon activity! Mission accomplished.

Original recipe from Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness:

Hershey Kiss Cookies 1 cup butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup mini chocolate chip morsels
14 oz bag Hershey’s kisses Cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Add vanilla. Add mini morsels. Stir in flour. Take approximately 1 tsp of dough and wrap around 1 kiss. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

book, cook, and more:

Sunday Salon: Mission Hershey's Kiss + sunday salon