The Best Reader + TIME

Review: Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
Publisher: Hyperion (March 13th, 2012)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 336 pages
Series: Hex Hall, #3
Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?

Review:


*sigh* I was so sad to see this series end. I am a sucker for books that have a strong plot, but are also funny. It never failed that Sophie would always say or do something to make me laugh. This book starts after a crazy cliffhanger so I was interested to see where the story took Sophie.

Sophie meets some new people, the Brannicks, and realizes she shares more of a connection with them than she could have imagined. I thought it was awesome that this family was made up of amazingly strong women who could really kick major butt!

It's hard to review this book without it spoiling the previous titles but I'll try. I really liked the continuation of Sophie and Janena's friendship. They really had a strong connection. Then, of course, we have Archer and Cal. I gotta admit, I love Cal! I had a soft spot for him early on and that just continued the more I read. He was quiet but his strength and compassion for Sophie was so wonderful to see.

There is a lot going on in this book! Sometimes I felt maybe it was a bit too much. Like a lot was being thrown in because this was the last book. But regardless of that fact, I enjoyed seeing everything come full circle and getting some questions answered.

If you haven't started this series yet, do it! There are so many funny moments but it's well tied into an amazing plot. I am excited to read the next series by Rachel Hawkins!

Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository

4 stars, book, Hex Hall series, Hyperion, Rachel Hawkins, review, Spell Bound, and more:

Review: Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins + TIME