The Best Reader + tour

Tour: Interview with Camille from The Eternal Sea

I am kicking off the tour for Angie Frazier's new book The Eternal Sea. This is the 2nd book in the Everlasting series and it is released tomorrow.

I'm happy to have one of my favorite characters, the lovely Camille, here with me today to give us an update on her adventures.


Hello Camille. So happy you could be on my blog today.

J: What was it like when you found out the truth about your mom and brother?

C: I felt like such a fool. I’d spent my life putting together a picture of my mother—a picture I loved and cherished—only to discover she was nothing at all like I’d imagined. I’m glad to have a brother, though I’m starting to realize that family isn’t always easy.

J: How were you doing emotionally once you were able to settle in at your mother's home and think about what you had been through?

C: I think I slept for two full days once I arrived back in Port Adelaide. Not just because I was exhausted from everything I’d been through, but because I also didn’t want to think about my father. I wasn’t ready to accept that he was gone for good.

J: What hurt you the most when Oscar started acting differently?

C: Everything, really. But maybe the most hurtful thing was thinking I’d been lied to. That I’d been tricked in some way. My father had kept secrets from me, my mother hadn’t been the person I’d always imagined she was, and then, it seemed as if Oscar was going to let me down as well.

J: What were the first words that popped into your head when you saw Randall?

C: “No, no, no!” Followed by a few unsavory expletives that don’t necessitate repeating.

J: Did you ever think that the stone would let you go after you had first used it?

C: I can honestly say that I did. I think I was so wrapped up in actually being able to get to the stone before McGreenery, and then get my father back, that I never pondered what price I might have to pay. I admit now to how naïve that was.

J: What are you hoping for now? Any future wishes or goals?

C: I had just wanted to be able to go home, and a part of me still does want that. But another part of me knows the stones aren’t finished with me just yet. I feel caught. Maybe, like Ira usually suggests, a change of scenery is in order.

The Eternal Sea by Angie Frazier
Publisher: Scholastic Press (June 1st, 2011)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 368 pages
Series: Everlasting, #2

Romance and adventure are just around the corner..
After the thrilling journey that led Camille through the dangerous discovery of love, secrets, and a magical stone that grants immortality, Camille has everything she wants. She's escaped the men who wanted her dead, and now she is ready to build a new life with Oscar, her one true love. But things are not to be so simple. Oscar is acting strangely, and before they can even board a ship from Australia back home, to San Francisco, Camille learns that the journey is not over. If she does not follow the magic of the curse of Umandu, her life and Ocar's could be in grave danger.

Find Angie Frazier Website | Blog | Twitter | Goodreads

Purchase The Eternal Sea Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository

angie frazier, book, character interview, LIFE, the eternal sea, and more:

Tour: Interview with Camille from The Eternal Sea + tour