The Best Reader + tour

Tour: Excerpt — THE IMPACT OF YOU by Kendall Ryan

Teaser 3 from The Impact of You: She slides the sheet of paper toward me and points. “We have to write entries on our own body image, what attracts us in the opposite sex, and an entry on sexual preferences and orgasms.” Her eyes dart up to mine and she drags her teeth across her bottom lip. Fuuuck, that’s sexy. Avery stuffs the paper back into her bag, muttering to herself,“A section on orgasms- that’ll be a short chapter… ” Holy shit. “What?” I can’t help but react. Has no one touched this beautiful girl? Sign me up. Right fucking now. Her head snaps up. “I’m just going to shut up now.” “That’s probably wise.” Otherwise I can’t be held responsible for bringing her to orgasm myself. Under the table. Immediately. Avery collapses, burying her face in her hands. I can’t resist reaching over to rub her back between her shoulder blades. “Hey, it’s okay. If you need tutoring in the bedroom too, babe, just ask.” Avery lets out a groan, and I can’t be sure, but I think a string of curse words too. Once her tirade is out of her system, she takes a deep breath and sits up straight. Her expression is still pinched, like she can’t believe she told me that. I push her coffee toward her again, trying to downplay it, and Avery accepts the cup, taking a sip. “Hey, it’s nothing to be ashamed of, but no wonder you’re so cranky. I would be too without regular orgasms,” I say. Avery spits her coffee across the table, choking and sputtering. I scoot my chair closer and pat her back, nursing her back to health until she can clear her stubborn airway. She grips the table and sucks in a ragged breath, her eyes watering with the effort. “I’m sorry, Whistle.” I continue rubbing her back. “I shouldn’t have said that. I meant every word, but I’m sorry you got choked up.” “I didn’t get choked up. I choked. Big difference. And don’t call me Whistle.” Avery stands, grabbing for her backpack. “We’re done here.” My hand on her wrist stops her. Maybe I went too far. But I think she secretly likes me pushing her. I lift the bag and place the straps carefully on her shoulders. “Remember, Saturday. You already agreed.” “I’ll be there.”

The Impact of You by Kendall Ryan
Published: June 7th, 2013
Reading Level: New Adult
324 Pages
Summary:
Needing an escape from her past, Avery chooses a college where no one knows her. Keeping a low profile was the plan, falling for the intense frat boy, Jase wasn’t. Yet she can’t deny how alive she feels when he’s near. Even as common sense implores her to stay away, her body begs her to get closer.

Jase, numb from his own family drama, has grown bored with weekends fueled by nameless girls and countless bottles when he meets Avery. Helping her cope with her past is better than dealing with the bullshit his own life’s served up. Determined to drive away the painful secret she’s guarding, he appoints himself her life coach, and challenges her to new experiences. Getting close to her and being the one to make her smile are simply perks of the job.

But when Avery’s past boldly saunters in, refusing to be forgotten, can Jase live with the truth about the girl he’s fallen for?

Recommended for 17+ due to mature themes and sexual content.

Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

Amazon | Barnes & Noble

book, excerpt, Kendall Ryan, LIFE, The Impact of You, and more:

Tour: Excerpt — THE IMPACT OF YOU by Kendall Ryan + tour