The Best Reader + vacation

Wait… this isn't BEA!

Somehow we must have taken a wrong turn because this was not BEA! Haha, just kidding. No, I didn't go to BEA but I had a blast anyway. We drove down to Atlanta and took my 3-year-old daughter to her very first concert! (I'll share more about that below).

We decided to stay a few days since my husband and I had never seen Atlanta. Such a pretty place!

We went to the Coca-Cola museum, which was so much fun! If you ever visit Atlanta you should check it out. They have a section where you can try over 60 different Coca-Cola flavors. Some were gross! But we still had a great time trying them all.

Then we went to the Centennial Olympic Park. I could have stayed here all day! My daughter loved the Olympic rings fountain and the kids playground.
It was breathtaking there! We stayed in the park for hours.

We ate at the wonderful Googie Burger in the park, yum!

And then, and then, and then… we saw CNN! Yes, I admit it. I'm a total nerd. CNN was my pick of places to go. Luckily for us, CNN was directly across the road so after we ate we walked right over to take a tour.

Well, hello there Anderson Cooper. How are you today?

The tour was great and we saw some of the studios they use for taping. After the tour we stopped in the atrium to eat some ice cream and, of course, watch CNN on the big screen.

I'm so glad I was able to check this place out.
Oh, and did I mention that we bought about $100 of souvenirs from that one place? Shirts, teddy bears, pens, a CNN cup, and even a Christmas ornament. Obsessed, maybe?

But, back to our reason for the trip, the concert. My daughter is a huge fan of the Imagination Movers on Disney. We wanted to take her to see them in concert so we picked the closest place, which happened to be Atlanta.

The concert was Saturday and I really didn't know what to expect. I think I may have had just as much fun as my daughter did. It was adorable because every kid was dressed like the Imagination Movers (yes, my daughter included), and they were all so excited. Before the concert started we grabbed my daughter a"Dave" hat. Dave is her all-time favorite kid show character. She looked like a little mini-version of him. The concert was so much fun!

NOTE: See her staring at the guy in the red hat? That is Dave. Her loveeeee.
Before the concert was over the guys went into the audience. We had seats pretty high up so I didn't expect anyone to go back there. But, all of a sudden DAVE came through the backdoor and directly next to our seat. He got to meet her! He grabbed her hand and her entire face glowed after that. She says they are married now (found a ring and everything). It was adorable! I'm sure that is a moment she will never forget.

So yes, I did miss BEA but all for a good reason. Nothing compares to the happiness of your kids.: )

Missing BEA… Sucks. Missing out on meeting my favorite authors… Sucks More. Seeing my daughter meet her hero… Priceless!

book, Christmas, TIME, and more:

Wait… this isn't BEA! + vacation