The Best Reader + tour

Tour Review: FRACTURED SOULS by Jessica Sorensen

Fractured Souls by Jessica Sorensen
Published: June 30th, 2013
Reading Level: New Adult
Series: Shattered Promises, #2
Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Summary:
Gemma thought she had said her good-byes and had felt every possible emotion she could before her soul was detached again. Deep down inside, she hoped she’d never wake up from it because, in her eyes, life without emotion and memories isn’t worth living.

But she does wake up and discovers she can still feel and remember everything she experienced over the last few months. Alex is also telling her that everything’s okay, that he didn’t betray her, and that what she thought happened really didn’t.

Gemma isn’t sure if she can trust Alex, so she tries to keep her distance from him, even though the electric connection and her desire make it nearly impossible. The only person she can trust is Laylen, but even that becomes complicated when the lines of their friendship begin to blur.

While Gemma struggles with her emotions and relationships, she searches for her mother, entering a dangerous world of secrets, seduction, and evil. The further she digs into her mother’s secrets and past, the more she wonders what waits for her at the end of her search and if maybe some things are better left in the dark.

Review:


I was such a huge fan of book 1, Shattered Souls, and couldn't want to get started reading this one. While it didn't grab me quite as strongly as book 1, it was still amazing and a terrific continuation of this series. I'll try to stay away from spoilers from the actual plot but I will say that a lot of questions are answered by the end of this book. I was happy to see some"ah ha" moments near the end where some pieces finally came together for the characters.

I loved how we get to see more of Laylen in this story. I definitely have a soft spot for him. Gemma has a connection with him and that connection is explored a bit in this book. There's one incredibly HOT scene you guys gotta check out!

As for Alex, I enjoy him but I'm not as in love with him in this book. I feel like he isn't being completely honest about a lot of things and it makes me not trust his words or actions. I know he loves Gemma but I feel he took a little step back in this book for me. I just want to see him open up more and share what he knows.

Gemma goes through quite a bit and I feel bad for her and her situation. She's trying to find her mother, she's forced to learn about a whole new world so quickly, and she's suffering from visions and other things she can't fully understand yet.

I truly love all of Jessica Sorensen's books. New Adult paranormal series are hard to find so this one is a blast to read. If you are looking for something in that category, I strongly recommend this series. I'll be waiting to see what happens next and I can't wait to read more about Laylen!

Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook

Amazon | Barnes & Noble

4 stars, book, Fractured Souls, Jessica Sorensen, LIFE, review, Shattered Souls series, and more:

Tour Review: FRACTURED SOULS by Jessica Sorensen + tour