The Best Reader + LIFE

Crossroads Tour: Jordan Deen

1. The Crescent involves Lacey who is brought into a world of werewolves. Where did your interest in werewolves originate?
Hey Jessica! Thank you so much for hosting the Crossroads Tour authors! We are so thankful to be with you!

I’ve had an obsession with all things paranormal since I was young. Ghosts especially, however, werewolves became part of my world because of my dog. When he hit two, he suddenly morphed into this obscenely huge beast that was more horse than dog. So, when he became seriously overprotective, the idea just continued to go and go and go until Bisquit (my german shepherd) became a werewolf. Go figure. Odd, I know. But that is how my mind works.
2. Are there any authors you would love to work with someday?
There are so many that I’d love to work with. I love to organize a compilation book with several authors. Shannon Delany, Janenifer Murgia, Judith Graves, Karen Kincy, Lisa McMann, and Alyson Noel.
3. What is your favorite paranormal creature? Are there any creatures you would never write about?
My favourite paranormal is by far shifters. They are so versatile. You can do so many things with them. I mean, look at the series True Blood. The different characters on there really bring different levels to the story.
I won’t say that I’ll never write anything. The one thing I never thought I’d write was zombies, however, I have a short story that is on option right now with a publisher. So, never say never!
4. Do you have any other books or projects you can tell us about? What can we expect from Benches?
There have been lots of people talking about Benches on this tour! Come on Agents! Sign me! I swear a publisher will pick it up! J Okay, Benches is unlike anything I’ve ever written or read. It is a two person point of view novel that follows Danny, a boy that is fighting his demons and anyone else that gets in his way. He drinks to try to forget everything he has done and everything he hasn’t. The other point of view, Lauren, is running from everything, just like Danny is. Her father might be a cheater and her mother might be an arsonist, and she is stuck in the middle—determined not to get sucked into the firestorm of a life that they’ve dragged her into.
The novel is about the two of them, Danny fighting to be everything Lauren wants, and Lauren not to see him as anything she wants. It’s such a strong, heartbreaking, life changing story. I can’t wait to share it with everyone!

5. Can you tell us a little about the next book in The Crescent series, Half Moon?


Half Moon is the second novel in The Crescent trilogy. It continues with Lacey trying to work on the bond with

Brandon and failing miserably. Magic, mystery, and some unexpected twists will leave her confused, but stronger, than she ever thought she’d be.

The Crescent by Jordan Deen Publisher: Black Rose Writing Reading Level: Young Adult Paperback: 187 pages Series: The Crescent, book #1 Becoming a werewolf is not an option for seventeen-year-old Lacey Quinn, but death can be a strong motivator. Lacey is so focused on her future that everyday life has passed her by. Counting down the days to her eighteenth birthday, Lacey is almost home free. But when she falls for the mysterious Alex Morris, she lands in the middle of an ancient war between two enemy wolf packs. Tempting dreams, tantalizing lies and a dangerous love triangle ensues leaving Lacey heartbroken and confused. Lacey's fate rests in the hands of Alex and Brandon, but both are pulling her strings for their own agendas. Even as she slips further into the dark world of werewolves, Lacey struggles to find the truth and save the only family she's ever know.

Find Jordan Deen Jordan Deen / Blog / Goodreads / Twitter

Purchase The Crescent Amazon / Barnes & Noble / The Book Depository

author interview, book, crossroads, jordandeen, and more:

Crossroads Tour: Jordan Deen + LIFE