The Best Reader + tour

Half Moon/ White Flame Tour with Jordan Deen
Photobucket

I'm the second stop on the White Flame tour for Jordan Deen's upcoming book Half Moon. If you'd like to visit the first stop it was with Reading Teen.
First I have an interview with Jordan and later today my review of Half Moon will be up. This series ROCKS by the way: ) I highly suggest it.
There are 12 stops on this tour and it all ends at Jordan's blog on Half Moon's release day, 1-13-11. All of the blogs on the tour are listed below.
There is also a giveaway and you could win… 'Half Moon' swag
Signed ARC of 'Half Moon'
$25 Barnes and Noble gift card
Leather Bound Bracelet

1. What did you learn between writing The Crescent and then Half Moon? What were the biggest differences in how you tackled this project?

When I started working on 'The Crescent' I was so green in the world of writing. The difference between the two novels is night and day. I think readers will notice the difference in my writing style between the two novels. The story is deeper, more detailed and the plot is richer. I hope readers appreciate the transformation the characters (and I've) gone through in the past year.

2. Can you give us a teaser as to what is in store for Lacey in Half Moon?

Lacey will learn more about her parents and her history. She'll get to meet some new people, including a few that she never thought possible.

3. Are there any scenes you had to take out of the story that you wish could have stayed in?
Yes. There was one scene that I had to remove, but not because of publisher demands. I removed it myself. I know that sounds crazy, however, I had to take out a scene between Lacey's new best friend (Brea) and her mate, (Catch), that didn't make since to put in at this point of the overall story. But don't fear, that scene is going to be in 'Full Moon'. I've already got it planned out.: )

4. You have recently had book signings and that has to be exciting! Can you tell us a little about that experience and if you have any more events coming up soon?
My first signing was nerveracking. The store was not ready for me and several people walked right past me, asked me where the restrooms were, picked up the book and said werewolves suck… yup- true story. However, you take the good with the bad. I had one girl come back after buying the book and told me the book was amazing. It was a great feeling. Plus, I've met some amazing people. Currently, my signings are on hold in preperation for 'Half Moon's release. I'll be starting signings again in March (fingers crossed).

5. Full Moon is the third book in this series. Does the writing seem easier or more difficult as you go?
This story has gotten easier and more difficult in many ways. Easier because I'm growing into each of the characters skin and harder because I know that this great story is coming to an end and I want the readers to be comfortable in the ending of the story. The struggle is to write to that point-- write to the ending, knowing that it's coming.

6. If you could use 3 words to describe the relationship between Lacey and Brandon, what would they be? And, what words do you think Lacey would use?
Only three word?! I'm a writer! What are you trying to do to me? Only 3? Okay-- in my opinion: heartbreaking, fated and natural. From Lacey's opinion… I think her idea of her relationship changes throughout 'Half Moon', so, I'll give you three words from the beginning Lacey: crushing, convoluted, and stressful

Thank you so very much for participating in the 'White Flame Tour' for 'Half Moon's release. I'm looking forward to sharing this story and 'Full Moon' with all your followers!

Half Moon by Jordan Deen Publisher: Black Rose Writing (January 13th, 2011) Reading Level: Young Adult Paperback Series: The Crescent, book #2"I’d been a fool for coming here with them, and now… no one would come to save me. The world that hid in the shadows of humanity was full of enemies."

Faced with death, Lacey Quinn ran away from the only family she’d ever known.

That… was just the beginning.

As the decision she’s made sinks in, Lacey struggles to fit in with the pack and find the key to bonding with her werewolf soul mate, Brandon. But, lies can only be concealed for so long.

Adjusting to a powerful new best friend, a twelve-year-old roommate with a nauseating Barbie fetish, and a lost love that won’t stop haunting her dreams, she knows she has no hope of having a normal future—ever again.

After a long talk with the dead mother she never knew, and an almost deal-breaking night out with Brandon, Lacey starts spiraling into the underworld—a place where all things are possible and everyone is out to kill her.

With mysterious legends of witches and sorcery marring her past and clouding her future, she quickly learns—werewolves aren’t the only ones lurking in the woods… waiting to claim her powers for their own.

The Mares? Well, they are the least of her worries.

Tour Schedule
Reading Teen -12/10 Confessions of a Bookaholic -12/13 <-- You are here The Leo's Den -12/16 Bibliophilicbookblog -12/19 A Simple Love of Reading -12/22 Narratively Speaking -12/27 The Bookshelf Sophisticate -12/30 A Great Read -1/2 A Tale of Many Reviews -1/5 Murphy's Library -1/8 Mundie Mom's -1/11 Jordan Deen -1/13

Find out more about Jordan Deen Jordan Deen / Blog / Goodreads / Twitter

Purchase The Crescent Amazon / Barnes & Noble / The Book Depository

book, half moon, jordan deen, and more:

Half Moon/ White Flame Tour with Jordan Deen + tour