The Best Reader + LIFE

Happy New Year!

I really hope everyone has a wonderful New Year! 2011 has been a great one and I hope everyone has a very happy 2012!

I've had a lot of fun blogging this year. I've found a lot more comfort in it and I really don't stress nearly as much as I used to.: ) There will be even more changes in 2012! I've already been plotting with Lisa (my blogging twin at A Life Bound By Books) and we are coming up with some features we'd like to do. We had an absolute blast with Haunted Halloween again this year and do plan to do it for the 3rd year in a row in 2012! Soon we will have a survey up to see what, if any, changes are needed. We'd love to get the opinions of the readers who were kind enough to join in on the fun!

The Top 10 event was something else we really had fun doing and we already agreed to do it again next year. I have gotten so many book ideas from checking out the posts and I really hope everyone else enjoyed sharing their favorites and seeing what everyone else loved.

I had a few blogging goals for this year, and for the most part, I kept up with them: ) I tried to comment more (but mostly failed on this one). I'm really going to try to be better at that! I did manage to read a ton more books this year. I only read 79 last year (eek!) but this year my goal was 100 and I read 117! Here are my final totals for the year.

117 Books Read! 36,776 pages read! 435 posts this year!
Not bad. For 2012 I'm going to set my goal at 110. And I can't believe I've read almost 40,000 pages this year. Isn't that crazy?! If you are on goodreads, you can actually get your page count by going to"My books" then"stats" on the right (Thanks Lisa for that tip!).

This should be an exciting year because, after 2 years of graduate school, I'll be graduating in June! I have 2 more classes that start next week and then my thesis course starts in March. I'm very happy about that but very anxious too. I don't know what to expect with the thesis but I will be thrilled to NOT have classes anymore. 6 years of college is just craziness!

So, what about you? Did you meet your reading goals? Are you a blogger with some New Years resolutions?: )

book, and more:

Happy New Year! + LIFE