The Best Reader + tour

Tour: Author Interview: Forbidden by Megan Curd

1. I gotta say, the first thing that grabbed my attention about this book was it's amazing cover. Did you play a part in the design, and what did you think when you saw the finished product?

Oh my gosh, I love my cover, not to toot my horn, lol. The amazing Neil Noah made it! I heard of him through my two good friends and fellow authors, Elizabeth Isaacs and Hope Collier, who both had worked with him in the past for their covers. I design book covers for others, but I knew I’d never be satisfied with something I created, so I had to outsource. I sent Neil a couple designs I’d played with, and then he worked his magic. The cover was one of two covers he sent me. I fell in love with the cover the minute I saw it. We tweaked some things, of course, but oh man, he nailed the cover. I was so excited! I hope people like it as much as I do.

2. Can you tell us a little about Levi's personality?

Levi was fun to write, but at the same time, he was hard. It’s tough to write from a guy’s POV when you’re female, haha! Moreso, I wanted to think like he would, were I in his shoes. Can you imagine how hard it would be to know that you were damned, but you still held hope to maybe someday get away from the problems you’ve caused yourself? Can you imagine trying to guard people and make sure they were safe, when you knew they may end up like you if the wrong choices were made? He’s so torn – he doesn’t want to break any more rules, but he wants to know Hannah more. She makes him feel things, but he doesn’t know why. He’s cautious, but reckless at the same time. He’s a little irreverent, but he lets Ethan take care of most of the trouble making. I really like Levi. He’s hard to read, and it’s part of the reason I had to ask my brother and husband what a guy would think in certain situations! Overall, he’s just trying to figure out what to do. He’s sixteen and a guy. Really? Of course he makes no sense haha. 

3. What is one of the things that makes Hannah unique to Levi?

No Call that Levi’s ever had was able to make him feel. He’s never felt the need to get near a human. Hannah, for some reason, changes that. He’s curious, and he can’t help but get near her. That’s what sets it all off… you know what they say, “Curiousity killed the cat.” We’ll see if it turns out all right for Levi! 

4. Do you have a favorite excerpt or line that you could share with us?

I loved writing Ethan, he’s so snarky and tries so hard to be this rude guy, when I think deep down he’s alright. I guess we’ll see. Anyway, here’s a little excerpt from one of his scenes. 

I smirked at Ethan as he jumped and dodged me like I had leprosy. “You know, they’re not contagious.”
“ Easy for you to say. You’ve already let that human touch you.”
Hannah sighed. “I have a name, you know.”
Ethan laughed. “Yup, and it’s Bag ‘O Bones to me. You’re human. You live, you die. Well, you were supposed to have already died, but Rambo here decided to tempt fate. You know what? I’ll just call you Bob for short. How’s that?”
5. What tends to be the most difficult part of the writing process for you?

Finding the time! My 5 month old son takes up quite a bit of time, so the writing is a bit slower now. I wouldn’t trade it for the world, but if I would have known the lack of time I’d have, I probably would have written 5 or 6 novels before I had him! Haha. 

Forbidden by Megan Curd
Kindle Edition: 270 pages
Published: October 22nd, 2011
Reading Level: Young Adult
Series: The Guardian Chronicles #1

Levi's job is to protect his human until it's their time to go. That's what a Guard does. He's done it for years on end, and he'll spend his eternity doing the same, mundane thing, following the same, mundane rules.

… Watch from afar.
… Never share your name.
… And above all, never touch a human.

What Levi doesn't know is that his newest human to protect, Hannah, just might be the catalyst to tipping the scales between good and evil, and he will be forced to decide which side he belongs to. Which friends will he side with, and who will he ultimately protect: his human, or the delicate balance that hangs on stopping the heartbeat of the person he has sworn to protect?

And, when you're already condemned, what's there to lose by breaking the rules?

Website | Goodreads | Twitter | Facebook

Amazon

author interview, book, forbidden, Megan Curd, TIME, and more:

Tour: Author Interview: Forbidden by Megan Curd + tour