The Best Reader + TIME

#TeamDauntless: It's #FearlessFriday!

Happy Fearless Friday! Hope you all are hard at work with this week's challenge assignment! Don't yet know what the first Fearless Friday assignment and challenge is? Check it out below.

Your assignment:
Today, we want the Team Dauntless street team to really pull out all the stops to show us what makes you Dauntless. Send us your tweets, pictures, even vlogs of you and your friends doing something Dauntless OR of something you'd like to do. Be sure to include the hashtags #FearlessFriday #TeamDauntless and #DivergentNation in your tweets!

Challenge:
From today through Monday, April 9th, we're asking our fearless Street Team to send us your vlogs talking about being Dauntless. What does being Dauntless mean to you? Get creative and get your friends involved! I know some people have a fear of doing vlogs, so this could be your Fearless Friday task!

Tweet me or any other the other Dauntless team members your videos using the YouTube link or embed it in a blog post and send it to us that way! Need a refresher on who the team members are? Check out the list here!

Interview with Sam Cushion:
Don't know who Sam Cushion is? Well, you should!

Sam Cushion is a talented musician and composer who has gained popularity by his"unofficial" music scores for The Hunger Games and now he has branched off into Divergent inspired pieces! Check out his YouTube page to check out his music! Here is my personal favorite.: )

A proud Team Dauntless member, we asked Sam a few questions about what being Dauntless meant to him as well as about his upcoming Divergent music album!

Team Dauntless: Today is Fearless Friday, if you were completely fearless, what would you do?

Sam Cushion: Probably a lot of reckless and stupid things. The usual, skydive, bungee jump, buy a motorcycle, etc. But more realistically I wouldn't be afraid to speak my mind. I would stand up for my beliefs and opinions even in the face of ridicule and humiliation from people I respect. Sometimes that is harder to do than jumping off a roof.

TD: What does being Dauntless mean to you?

SC: To me it not only means being fearless and brave but also using those strengths to help others. My favorite part of the Dauntless manifesto is"We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another." Being Dauntless isn't just acknowledging problems but fearlessly acting to solve them as well."We do not believe that we should be allowed to stand idly by."

TD: We all love your Divergent music on your YouTube channel, what is your process for creating a score to fit a specific scene of a book?

SC: Once I decide what scenes to write for I map them out on a piece of paper. That way when I go to write the music I know exactly what is going to happen in the scene and I can have appropriate cues for everything. Sometimes though I will just attempt to capture the emotion of a scene. But after I have noted everything I need I sit down and find a melody or percussion line that I like and expand on that until I have a song.

TD: You've recently announced your newest album, Factionless. What can you tell us about it?

SC: It will be released June 19th and will contain 20 songs. It is available for pre-order now at www.Factionless.com. I cannot wait to release it to the world!

For more information head to Sam's website!

book, Divergent Nation, HarperTeen, Insurgent, Team Dauntless, and more:

#TeamDauntless: It's #FearlessFriday! + TIME