The Best Reader + weekend

Before the Bell Rings 6.22.10

My summer 2010 travels continued last weekend. On Thursday I traveled to Aberdeen to spend the night with my best friend Mary (Bride in August). I had a great time reconnecting with her and learning how to put together flowers arrangements (which is harder than it looks).

On Friday I left for Bismarck, ND to visit Dan (and meet the family). While in Bismarck, Dan took me to the Capitol. It was a horribly windy and cold day so I won't even bother showing you the picture of Dan and I — but here's our friend Bill the Buffalo*.

On Saturday, Dan and I drove to Pierre, SD for Mary's Bridal Shower. While I was doing my Maid of Honor duties, Dan read and studied in the library for five hours. He was quite a trooper!

After the shower, Dan and I visited the Capitol. Yep, I was at two capitols in two days. And if I was honest, the capitol in Pierre was MUCH more awesome than the one in Bismarck.

Sunday was mostly spent hanging out with Dan and his family. After church we played mancala (I kicked butt) and chess (Dan swept the board with my face).

After getting home around 5pm on Monday I can say one thing: I am exhausted! I feel like I could sleep forever and a day! I'm lucky I have that luxury during the week; although I really need to crack down on Operation Find an Apartment.

This week I leave for my All School Reunion in Central Minnesota on Friday and will return on Sunday. This will be my first weekend 100% Wedding Free! Isn't that crazy!

Mary Lee (Groom's Mother), Anne (Bride's Mother), and Mary (Bride and BFF)

Dan and I at the Capitol in Pierre, SD

Dan and I at the Capitol in Pierre, SD

Capitol in Pierre, SD

Capitol in Pierre, SD

Capitol in Pierre, SD

Dan and I at the Capitol in Pierre, SD
*I made up this name. It is in no way official.

before the bell rings, best, book, summer 2010, TIME, and more:

Before the Bell Rings 6.22.10 + weekend