The Best Reader + TIME

Before the Bell Rings 8.16.10

I know, I've been absent for about a week. It's been crazy: getting moved in, best friend's wedding, my birthday, spending time with Dan, moving into my classroom, and... oh yea, my computer crashed.

I know, can you believe it? I've gone through TWO computers since November! It's horrific! So now I'm using my PC (the one that crashed in November for the time being). I plan on purchasing another Mac after I get paid at the end of September. So needless to say, it's been crazy. I did get a bit of reading done last week, but don't expect much this week as...

I START SCHOOL TOMORROW!
I'm already exhausted, but I'm SO excited to actually meet my students tomorrow and begin this part of my life. I'll have many "first days of school" throughout the next forty years, but I'll never have another "first day of teaching." I'm feeling relatively prepared — at least for tomorrow. I'll catch up somehow. I just want send out a BIG thank you to everyone who has encouraged me and been here since the beginning last June. I've always said that the purpose of this blog was for my students in the future; well the future is here! I can't wait to share this resource of reviews and the blogging community with them! Please be patient in the weeks to come with my lack of reading, but I will definitely keep you all posted with how school is going!

If you're interested in checking out my blog about adventures in teaching: check it out!
Because I'm proud of it: I give you my classroom in digital form!

"Before they were movies... " I took book covers/movie covers and put the information together. A few of my favorites are "The Number Four," "The Hunger Games," "Beastly," etc.

Artwork

Everyone needs some Clark Kent!

BOOKS!

Poster from BEA signed by Simone Elkeles

Another poster from BEA

Get Caught Reading — I will be adding student pictures soon. Look for an update.

Hobbits

Twins Represent

Desk!

My pride and joy: I'm really excited about this bulletin board.

before the bell rings, best, book, LIFE, movie, review, and more:

Before the Bell Rings 8.16.10 + TIME