The Best Reader + get caught reading

Get Caught Reading 8.22.10

Take a minute and look at my cool bulletin board: the following pictures are posted currently.

But it still looks a bit empty. An assignment I'm having all of my 9th grade English students do is take a picture, much like those above, of themselves out with a book "getting caught reading." I think it's a cool idea and an interesting way to see where everyone gets caught reading. I was finishing "Sea" at a baseball game in Louisville and got a few odd looks, I won't deny. But it's also a great way to promote bringing a recreational book with you where ever you go.

So, from this class idea, I thought of a fun cool/blog idea. I know there are similar meme's out there like this, but I haven't seen any exactly like this. If I'm infringing on anyone's original idea it was done unintentionally, please email me and maybe we can work together?

I challenge you to take a book with you (and a camera or phone) to find out where you will Get Caught Reading this week and then post it here next Sunday. Here's where I got caught reading this week.

Caught Reading: Losing Faith at the Varsity/JV Football Scrimmage. I really meant to be supportive — I swear. I couldn't help it!

Caught Reading: Losing Faith in downtown Sioux Falls. It was a beautiful day!

My friend Button was also reading with me!

These pictures will be added to the bulletin board by the end of the week.

If you've already "been caught reading" please sign the Mr. Linky. If not, please feel free to stop by next Sunday with a picture/post link! I'm really excited to find out where everyone else gets caught. I plan on sharing these pictures with students to spur their excitement!

book, and more:

Get Caught Reading 8.22.10 + get caught reading