The Best Reader + review

December RAK

My November RAK, I feel, was very successful. I received a copy of "A Million Suns" from Megan at Amethyst Day Dreams and sent out the following titles:

  • "Crescendo" to Rescue Reads
  • "Enclave" to A Book Obsession
  • "Hex Hall" to Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My!
  • "Beautiful Darkness" to Sophistikatied
  • "Rules of Attraction" to Amethyst Day Dreams
  • "A Million Suns" to Miss Amanda Button
  • "Pandemonium" (on loan) to Miss Amanda Button
  • "Enclave" to Miss Amanda Button
As I mentioned earlier this month (when talking about the RAK) , the RAK provides me the opportunity to find good homes for great books who are taking up valuable real estate on my husband patrolled shelves.

That being said, for December I'd love to put the following books on my RAcK — haha get it? I, of course, accept gently used copies or Nook Books!:)

  1. Human.4 by Mike Lancaster
  2. Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
  3. Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly
  4. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  5. Divergent by Veronica Roth
I absolutely love that they've added the Top 5 Books on Your Wishlist section to the form. I don't even scroll over to the actual linked wishlists. I focus merely in on two things: the country they live in and the Top 5 Books listed. What I did this month was figure out what books needed to leave my bookshelf and then do a quick [edit — find] and type in those book titles. It was that simple! I adore that part of the form and I am SO glad they inserted it!

I really do love this service/program not only because it helps me find homes for books (and brings a few in) but because of the promotion of community. For instance, most of the bloggers I sent books out to this month were completely random (due to the process in which I searched for who was looking for a book) and so the majority of these bloggers were new to me! I am so excited to have discovered Rescue Reads as Erika is a Midwest blogger (yay!).

What about you? Do you participate in the RAK?

book, movie, random acts of kindness, and more:

December RAK + review