The Best Reader + TIME

Review: Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready
Publisher: Simon Pulse (May 3rd, 2011)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 384 pages
Source: ARC from Publisher
Series: Shade #2
Rating: 5 of 5 stars
Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to. Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.
As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets… and her heart.
Review: I will try not to have spoilers in this review.
I have to say that this series will always have a spot in my heart. Shade was the book that gave me inspiration to start my blog. I feel like I waited forever to see what happened next, in Shift, and it was absolutely worth the wait!

I mentioned this to Jeri, but this series makes me feel like I have multiple personalities. Yes, it's true. One minute I am all about Aura getting with Zach, and the next I want her with Logan. THEN, Jeri manages to bring in someone else that I think"ohhh, that might work". How does she do this, you might ask. By being freakin-fantabulous! Simply put, Jeri writes hot stuff. That hot stuff, and hot guys, leads to fireworks and chemistry that leaps off the page. I don't know how she does it. It's crazy-good stuff!

Aura is such a strong character and she seems so real. I never question any aspect of her personality. Although she lives in a world of daily paranormal phenomena, I still picture her enjoying shopping and hanging with her friends. She doesn't pout all the time like some characters do. She just does what she needs to do and goes on with life. It's refreshing to see that courage and strength from a young character.

Then we have Logan. Oh lovely Logan who will just steal your heart and sing sweet music to it. How can you not love a hot ghost? It's impossible. Logan continues with his outspoken personality that seems so different from Aura's in many ways, but at the same time, it fits perfectly. It brought tears to my eyes to see how much he cares for Aura throughout Shade and Shift. But we can't forget Zachary, who is nothing to sneeze at. I was glad to see his character explored more and his turbulent relationship with Aura made for some interesting twists in the plot. Fun times!

Shift answers many questions we have from Shade, but it all leads to more questions needing to be explored. The plot continues to amaze me and I'm not sure how I will ever wait for book 3. HOW?! Jeri is sneaky and has made me super curious as to what is in store for Aura.

I can't say enough good things about this series. If you haven't read Shade yet, DO IT! I promise you will not regret it. Jeri Smith-Ready has created a paranormal world beyond comparison. You will laugh, cry, blush, and beg for more once you're done. Guaranteed!

Find Jeri Smith-Ready
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Blog | Goodreads

Purchase Shift
Amazon | The Book Depository | Barnes & Noble

5 stars, book, Jeri Smith-Ready, LIFE, review, Shift, and more:

Review: Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready + TIME