The Best Reader + TIME

Blogger Love: Mary from The Book Swarm

As a newbie blogger I had someone reach out and help me get started. She posted about my blog, was my first official follower, and helped me answer countless questions. Briana from The Book Pixie did so much for me and I always said that, as a blogger, I would always try to pay it forward and help others.

So today is dedicated to telling a little about 2 bloggers. The first one is Mary from The Book Swarm. Her blog is adorable and here she explains a little about the reasoning behind her starting a blog and how her students are able to participate.

As a middle school English teacher, I see many of our students disconnected from books (Not all, thank goodness. I have some avid readers, too—yay!). They claim to hate reading, that no one at home reads, or they just don’t see the point. Whether these attitudes come about because they haven’t been introduced to the right books, aren’t encouraged to read outside of school, or they don’t think it’s cool, it breaks my obsessed-with-reading heart.
So, this summer, I decided to do something about it, something that would reach more than just my students. I started a book blog dedicated to introducing teens to a wide variety of books and helping them find that one book, author or genre that reconnects them with a love of reading. And so, The Book Swarm was born. (I know, kind of a strange name but my last name starts with a B… bee… swarm of bees… book swarm. Ta-da!)
I also wanted to make sure the blog reviewed a ton of different books. That’s where my student reviewers come in. Come October, these teens will be contributing to The Book Swarm, adding their perspective and reviewing (sometimes rather bluntly) books they chose.
Through reviews, author interviews and giveaways, The Book Swarm offers readers a glimpse into the amazing worlds available to them through books. Then, hopefully, they’ll “swarm” to their local book store or library and read (sorry, couldn’t resist)!

Thank you so much for all your help and your fantastic blog, Jessica!

blogger love, book, the book swarm, and more:

Blogger Love: Mary from The Book Swarm + TIME