The Best Reader + LIFE

Help Write Now

Some writers, inspired by the response from"Do The Write Thing For Nashville", have gotten together to help raise money for the areas affected by last weeks terrible tornadoes.
They will be auctioning off items to benefit the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.
You can Donate Directly by clicking here, or donate an item or service that will be up for auction.
Some FAQ's taken from the site.
A few FAQs--

  • What items are you looking for?
    • We're grateful for any donations, but if you need ideas, check out DTWTFN's successful items!
  • Can you keep my donation anonymous?
    • Of course. Just make a note in your form entry.
  • Do I mail my donation to you?
    • No, please wait until after you item has been won by a bidder-- we'll hook you up with their address and you can mail directly to them.
  • I'm unagented/unpublished, but I'd like to donate a manuscript critique. Is that okay?
    • Sure! If you're worried about your"credentials," you might consider teaming up with another author or two to sweeten the deal.: )

If you'd like to sign up to donate an item please go to the main page and fill out the form. You can also Email helpwritenowauction at gmail dot com with any questions.

As I mentioned before, my town here in Tennessee had several tornado warnings throughout that night. My daughter and I took shelter in the bathtub under her mattress. We heard several trees come down behind our house. We lost power and had no idea what was going on without the news and radio. My husband had to go off the road to get away from a falling tree on his way home from work. He rushed to get here and made it during one of the worst parts of the storm.
But we were lucky. Honestly, if a tornado would have went near our home, we wouldn't be here today. They were too strong and leveled everything they touched. I found out the day after the storm that a strong tornado formed a few miles from my home and went on to kill 7 people in a neighboring town.
It was the most frightening night of my life. I have learned to be more prepared (bought a weather radio, batteries, battery charger, water, etc.) and never underestimate the power behind these storms. I've never seen anything close to what we experienced, and I hope I never do again. We were very lucky to only have car and wind/hail damage.
I'm so thankful that my family is safe and my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who was affected by these horrible storms.

book, and more:

Help Write Now + LIFE