The Best Reader + TIME

Crossroads Tour: Stacey Kade

1. You wrote stories even as a child. Can you tell us some of your earliest ideas? Do you think you will ever take some of those ideas and turn them into your next novel?

Oh, my. Well, most of those ideas were rather strange. But I do recall writing stories about people who could turn into cats, so I was perhaps ahead of my time with the shape-shifter trend?: -) I also did my share of writing Star Trek fan fic.

I don’t think I’d ever revisit those ideas because there are so many new ones to explore, but never say never!
2. What has surprised you the most as a debut author?

I’ve just amazed and awed by the response to the characters in G&G, Will in particular. He’s already had one offer of marriage.: -)

3. The Ghost and the Goth has such a fun cover! What did you think when you saw it? Is that how you pictured Alona and Will? I LOVE the cover. It’s bright and conveys the fun tone of the book, in my opinion. And Will and Alona look exactly like I imagined, to the point where I think it might unnerve me a little if I were ever to meet the models.
4. In The Ghost and the Goth, Will has to deal with being able to see ghosts, how would you deal with having that ability?
Oh, I think that would be so difficult. In high school, I probably would have begged to be homeschooled to avoid all those interfering ghosts! But as an adult, I don’t know… I think I would try to find a way to help people and still have a life, you know?
5. Do you have any projects you are currently working on, or books coming soon?
Queen of the Dead, the second book in the series, will be out in June 2011. But ARCs should be ready in the next couple of months, and I’m super excited to see the cover! I’m working now on the third book in the series.

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade Publisher: Hyperion Book CH (June 29th, 2010) Reading Level: Young Adult Paperback: 281 pages Series: Ghost and the Goth, book #1 After a close encounter with the front end of a school bus, Alona Dare goes from Homecoming Queen to Queen of the Dead. Now she’s stuck here in spirit form with no sign of the big, bright light coming to take her away. To make matters worse, the only person who might be able to help her is Will Killian, a total loser/outcast type who hates the social elite. He alone can see and hear her, but he wants nothing to do with the former mean girl of Groundsboro High.

Can they get over their mutual distrust—and this weird attraction between them—to work together before Alona vanishes for good and Will is locked up for seeing things that don’t exist?

Find Stacey Kade Stacey Kade / Twitter / Journal / Goodreads
Purchase The Ghost and the Goth Amazon / Barnes & Noble / The Book Depository

author interview, book, crossroads, LIFE, stacey kade, and more:

Crossroads Tour: Stacey Kade + TIME